Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Vegan Piccata Sauce!

One of my favorite dishes before becoming vegan, and even pescotarian, was chicken piccata. I ate a lot of chicken, but I have always loved anything that includes capers. So, when I came across this recipe for Tempeh Triangles with Piccata Sauce, I had to try it. I decided to blend the tempeh and make a faux chicken salad with them instead, but I kept the piccata sauce and made a soy curl pasta with it. Here is the oh so easy piccata recipe. Enjoy!

Piccata Sauce

1 1/2 t minced garlic
1/2 c fresh lemon juice
2 c dry white wine
1 T capers, drained
1/2 t salt (capers are salty, so you could omit this if you wanted)
1/2 t black pepper
1 T cornstarch dissolved in 3 T water

Roast garlic in skillet over medium heat, 20 seconds or so. Add lemon juice, wine, capers, salt and pepper; cook about 10 minutes. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside. Use as you wish- a topping for grilled "chicken", with the original recipes of tempeh triangles, or mixed in with pasta and soy curls.

The original recipe was taken from The Vegetarian Times, March 2005 issue

No comments:

Post a Comment